You know, I initially began this blog when my husband suggested it might be a creative way to practice my writing while also receiving helpful feedback and constructive criticism. What I didn't expect, was that I would be introduced to this whole wonderful "blogosphere" of sites that are delightfully funny, heartwarming, and thought-provoking. Some of them are daily journals, others are pictorials, ALL of them are lovely. When I first began to timidly reach out to some of the authors, I found them to be tremendously helpful and encouraging, and I'll never, ever be able to appropriately express how grateful I am for their indispensable support. This award is an example of that kindness. Thanks, Megs, you made my day!!
Ok, so the way this works, apparently, is that I now have to list seven interesting things about myself, then tag seven more blogs that I'm currently following. I feel like I've "revealed" facts about myself ad nauseum throughout this blog, and I'm not sure how interesting this will be, but, I like a challenge! So, here goes:
1. When I was twenty-three, I was a chorus girl in the national touring company of South Pacific, starring Robert Goulet. We toured all over the US and Canada, and professionally, it was THE greatest time of my life. Mr. Goulet was a consummate professional and has since passed away, but his deep, melodic rendition of "This Nearly Was Mine" will be with me always!
2. Although I am a performer and an extrovert, I can get very nervous and tongue-tied when talking with strangers on the phone (ex: repairmen, doctor's offices, etc.). If prompted to leave a message, I usually babble-on needlessly, leaving out pertinent information or using the wrong words to describe something. I have NO idea why.
3. When I lived in NYC, I was once mugged by three men just a few steps from the front door of my apartment building. I should probably tell that story in my blog one day!!
4. I have XM satellite radio in my car, which broadcasts hundreds of channels, with categories including talk, sports, comedy, country, rap, christian, new age, pop, heavy metal, and much, much more! Yet I rarely move the dial from "The 40's" channel. I LOVE big band music, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and Rosemary Clooney. Their music makes my ears happy!!
5. That being said, my favorite song of all time is "She's Got A Way" by Billy Joel. I love how honest and simple it is. I can't imagine being the girl he wrote this song for, nor hearing him sing it to me for the first time. Swoon!
6. When I'm driving and see a dead animal on the side of the road, I immediately say a prayer for it. I know "the jury" is still out on whether or not animals get to abide in heaven, but I figure a prayer said on their behalf can't hurt, right? I love the idea of someday making it to heaven myself and being greeted by all those creatures I've prayed for over the years. Nice, huh?
7. I take great pride in the fact that I have the self-discipline to drag my sleepy self onto the treadmill every morning and pound-out 3-5 miles, yet that discipline is basically non-existent by the evening. That's the time when I am consumed with an intense craving for a glass of red wine, cheese, and crackers. The food usually wins! So back on the treadmill I climb the next morning...you see a pattern forming here?
So, there you have it! Hope that was along-the-lines of what was expected. Now I'm required to tag seven other sites that I'm following, so you can check them out as well. The first two listed are authored by two good friends of mine, the rest are all part of my new blogging community friends! I know you'll enjoy them all!
Thanks for Reading!!