Friday, February 26, 2010
Wagon Wheel was an awesome place to apply the skills we'd been honing all year in school. And we put on some really fantastic, high quality shows, if I do say so myself!! During my three years there, I appeared in musicals such as "Annie," "Music Man," "A Chorus Line," "Girl Crazy," and many, many others! It was hard work, but we truly loved every minute of it. To this day, I'll never be able to figure out how we managed to rehearse a show all day, break for dinner, then perform a different musical that evening. Each show ran two weeks, and we did about six shows every summer. Ah, the energy of youth!!
At the end of the summer, I'd tearfully hug my sister and fellow performers goodbye and we'd all head back to our respective schools to begin the next collegiate year.
But after all three of the summers I performed at Wagon Wheel, I confess I never got used to that first day back, sitting in my dorm room, gazing out the window, and experiencing twilight again.
What's your favorite time of day? Early morning with a cup of coffee? Afternoon nap time? Tell me! Let's bond!! And, of course,
Thanks for Reading!!
- Anything Fits A Naked Man
- Nashville, TN, United States
- Welcome to my blog! I'm Joan, a former actress attempting to reconnect with my first love of writing. Join me as I ponder my Irish dad, sweet grandma, GPS dependency, hatred of the Hallmark channel, and other insightful topics that make you go, "Hmmm..."
- Last Trailer on the Right
- Missing Sunsets
- Compassion Meter
- Ethel the Tatooed Lady
- Cheese, Mushroom, and Saliva, Please!
- Good Grief
- Terror at Gettysburg
- Can You Say, "THREE-PEAT?!!"
- Worth the Wait
- "SNOWPOCALYPTIGEDDON" for ME!
- Homecoming Schmomecoming!!
- Postcards from the Bottom Rung
- Singing Praises
- Pink Plastic Real Estate
- ▼ February (14)